Virtual Directories

May 7, 2007 at 12:15 AM
Do you/will you support installation of rails apps in sub-directories? I ask because it is somewhat crucial that I install my app on the same server and port as some other related services. I have been able to get virtual directory support manually in the past, but this would make things easier.
May 7, 2007 at 12:17 AM
Sorry, just noticed the tracker item, but i am still wondering if it will support rails apps alongside other types of apps.
Coordinator
Jun 4, 2007 at 8:55 PM
Hey Sirkha,

Recently I have been pretty busy and not had much time for new features. I will get to it eventually. The IIS setup scripts actually support virtual directories (under IIS on Windows XP) so they could be easily modified to automate your installations.

The diffucult part is querying IIS for its current configuration and allowing a user to choose an existing or new virtual directory for a specific website within the installer UI.

For your specific application you could just modify the installer so it installs to a virtual directory every time under the first IIS website.

Please vote on the specific Issue Tracker because higher priority features will get implemented first.

Brent