Installer not copying DLLs to the right place

Topics: Other Ruby On Rails Related Topics
Feb 19, 2007 at 3:04 AM
I am having trouble with the installer not copying the DLLs to the windows/system32/inetserv and windows/system32/ directories. Every time I try running the installer, it says "skipped" for those files. Is this a bug or am i doing something wrong?

Thanks for all the hard work.
Feb 19, 2007 at 10:44 PM
Take a look and verify if those files didn't exist already.

- When the installer copies the dlls, they only overwrite if newer (on existing).
- On uninstall, the msvcr71.dll and msvcp71.dll are left in place (other apps may have installed them).
- The libfcgi.dll, /inetsvr/isapi_fcgi.dll and /inetsvr/isapirewrite4.dll are now uninstalled (this was a bug in previous versions but fixed in 2.0.4).

Are you running on 64 bit platform? If so, look for these files in redirected system directory c:\windows\syswow64\ instead of c:\windows\system32.

Let me know what you find out.

Thanks,
B

Feb 20, 2007 at 8:20 AM
- I did a search for the DLLs my entire drive and no files with those names were found.
- I did find msvcr71 and msvcp71 in my system32 directory... should they not be there?
- I did not find isapi_fcgi nor isapirewrite4 in my inetsvr directory
- I am not on a 64bit platform

Thanks.

Feb 20, 2007 at 3:28 PM
This discussion has been copied to Work Item 8372. You may wish to continue further discussion there.
Feb 20, 2007 at 3:51 PM
This issue only affected 32bit platform installations, 64bit worked fine.

It has been fixed in release v1.0.5:
http://www.codeplex.com/RORIIS/Release/ProjectReleases.aspx?ReleaseId=1950

Thanks for reporting this one!
Feb 21, 2007 at 1:34 AM
The new released seemed to have fixed the problem. Thanks for fixing it!

Unfortunately I seem to be running into other difficulties now. I will post to the other thread about it.